A PROVEN AND RELIABLE olive harvesting aid in all major
"Collect your olives without damaging the fruit and keep them off the ground".
growing areas around Australia.
Compare the Major catching frame to traditional ground harvest nets:
|Ground Nets ||Major Catching frame
- Fruit falls to ground - risks being stepped on
- Can be laborious and time consuming to move from tree to tree
- Holes can allow small fruit to fall through
- Fruit must be transferred from net to crates
- Fruit is kept off the ground
- Can be maneuvored by one person
- Catches fruit of all sizes
- The design allows the olives to be drawn to the outside where they are collected in the crate below.(time saving)
EXCLUSIVE TO THE OLIVE CENTRE - Designed & Built in Australia.
The Catcher Consists of:
Operating the catcher is easy...
- A frame of light-weight galvanized steel with wheels to allow
for easy manoeuvrability by one person.
- The catching net-Hooked to the frame around the outside
-Is UV resistant (which means longer life)
-Allows the fruit to breathe.
-Is gentle on falling fruit.
-Reduces heat problems which occur when using canvas or similar cloth.
Simply push the catcher under the olive tree and tilt forward so the catcher entrance slides around the main trunk and under the bottom branches (this ensures you are not losing any fruit) .
For best use, the tree shape would have been pruned with the height of the catchers in mind.
You can reach the olives in the middle of the tree by simply unhooking the mat near you to move closer to the tree.
Available in 5m and 6m models (Diameter of the net)
Recommended for use with pneumatic or electric hand held harvesters.
Make sure you order your catcher today as
manufacturing can take up to 3 - 4 weeks if not in stock.
Click HERE to download assembly instructions for the catching frame
The 5m frame stands around 80cm high, and the 6m frame about 1m.
Packed on pallet for transport - to be assembled by the user.(instructions provided)